Discription

On November the 13th I took a bus ride to a Mediterranean grocery store namely “Mediterranean Market”. This store is on the south east side of Ann Arbor and at the border of city of Saline. I go this store often so it was not a new place for me. Usually it takes fifteen minutes of drive to get to the store from central campus. Difference was that this time I was taking bus rather than using my own vehicle and as a result it took me one hour to get there. Finding the bus route was not a problem at all.

Skills

Though I simply Googled the bus route, I wondered what would I have done to find the route if there would be no Google. I could have gone to the bus service office on Huron Road near Main Street to get the map and schedule for buses. I mean to say that we humans are very clever animals and we improvise very quickly.

Impact

My one hour long journey started at 2 Pm and was filled with many life threatening hurdles namely, Red lights and couple hundred bus stops. Luckily I took a friend with me which helped to kill the boredom but enhance the annoyance as she kept asking that why I took the bus rather than my own vehicle. The only answer I had was that because Rocky said so.

Finally we got to the store. It was as usual little congested but nevertheless carried everything I need for groceries. So no complains. The prices are reasonable. The one thing which this store carries as a specialty is the fresh baked bread. There is a traditional clay oven (Tannour) right next to the service counter.

This experience taught me few things:

Lesson Learned

• Google maps may not be available everywhere, so be ready to improvise.
  • I might not have company with me every time on long bus rides, so I should be prepared for an uncomfortable ambiance while traveling around.
  • Keep my options open, sometimes even bus can be too good to find.
  • Don’t complain; show patience and chill out.